Because of the size of our meeting area we are able to “social distance.” If you plan on coming, would you kindly email, call, or text Pastor Dan to let him know. Please see our guidelines for meeting.
For the time being, we will not be meeting for Sunday school and we will not be providing nursery or the children’s lesson during the sermon. We know there are a number of reasons why you may choose to wait to attend at this point, but don’t let your children be the only reason. Children are welcome in the worship service. In fact, what a wonderful learning environment to watch and see the gathered church of God. In order to think this through and for some practical tips, check out Treasuring God in our Traditions by John and Noel Piper. The Appendix “Some Thoughts on Worship” on page 108 and “Some Practical Suggestions” on page 110 are very helpful. You may not agree with all their conclusions, which is fine, but what they write is thought provoking and they do offer some helpful, practical advice. If you need help thinking this through, feel free to talk with Kelly or me, we would be more than happy to share what worked and didn’t work for us with our kids. All that to say, your children are encouraged and welcome to attend! You will be surprised at what they learn when you didn’t even think they were paying attention. They are.
For safety sake, we will have plenty of hand sanitizer around the building, we will not print a bulletin to hand out, and the offering plate will simply be on the back table rather than being passed around during the service.
Guidelines for Gathering
- Persons over the age of 65 and those with preexisting conditions are considered most susceptible to Covid-19. If you fall into that category, the elders are recommending that you consider waiting to attend public services until all restrictions in our county are lifted. However, with that said, it is ultimately your decision and your responsibility. Anytime we go to a store or gather with others we are taking risks. You must personally and prayerfully decide what risks are wise for you to take.
- If you are feeling ill, have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms related to Covid-19, please do not attend. For a list of symptoms go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- If you are not yet comfortable attending, don’t feel pressure to attend. We know that some of you are sensitive and may feel guilty about not attending. We know you desire to be with God’s people, but that does not mean you need to attend right now. Keep using this unusual time in our history to draw near to Christ and pray for your fellow church members. If you need help thinking this through, please contact one of the elders
- Face Masks: All those who attend are encouraged to wear a face mask in the building, except when seated in the sanctuary. Chairs in the sanctuary are spaced 6 feet apart (families may sit together) to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Be sure to bring your own face mask. We do not have any to distribute.
- Childcare: We will not be providing childcare (nursery, Sunday School, or Jr. Church) until all restrictions are lifted. We ask that parents keep their children with them before, during, and after any gatherings.
- Physical Contact: We want to discourage you from shaking hands and giving hugs until all restrictions are lifted.
- Cleaning: Between all gatherings, all surfaces, doors, etc. will be cleaned.